WebQuest News

News and views about the WebQuest model, a constructivist lesson format used widely around the world.

Monday, March 19, 2007

WebQuesting in Hong Kong

I'm wrapping up a jam-packed 5 days in Hong Kong today. I was invited by Lee Fong-Lok, director of CAITE, the Centre for the Advancement of Information Technology in Education, to keynote an award ceremony. Award for what? It was the first WebQuest competition that I'm aware of. It was a lot of fun watching the excitement of the teachers who won, especially the presentations made by the girls who described what the experience was like for them as students.

FL and his colleagues at the Chinese University of Hong Kong are working on an interesting project combining WebQuests with gaming. They've developed an environment called Learning Village in which kids construct knowledge in an open-ended social space while completing WebQuest tasks. It's like a combination of Second Life and Knowledge Forum. Some interesting research will be coming out of this over the next few years.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bernie,

I'm a jornalist from the Brazilian newspaper "O Estado de S.Paulo". I'm writing an article about technology on education. I'd like to write about webquests. Would you mind answering me some questions? Please, send me an e-mail: filipe.serrano@grupoestado.com.br

Best regards

 

Post a Comment

<< Home