WebQuest News

News and views about the WebQuest model, a constructivist lesson format used widely around the world.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Server Move Update

My sincere apologies to all those anxiously awaiting the return of QuestGarden. It's almost ready to roll except for two things: the ability to edit the appearance still isn't working and pictures aren't uploading properly. Both of these things are due to the fact that some php settings on the new server are different than on the old site, and I'm still working to fix the scripts that broke. If I can get the picture thing working first, I'll open up QuestGarden again while continuing to work on the appearance editor.

Please be mindful of the fact that the entire WebQuest World Headquarters staff consists of me, and that I have other obligations, besides this one. I think you'll all be pleased by the enhanced speed and reliablity of the site once we finish the move.

5 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I haven't had a chance to try this site out but I am excited about it - of course being a world organization is very demanding and then to have "other" obligations - I am sure we all can relate - patiently waiting.....

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still we are waiting. But I have patience. Anyways Bernie could you pre-register an account called Mystic. Cause now I can't acess my email. Also if not could you just validate Mystic Thunder?

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will we be able to access WebQuests that have already been created but not published? The reason why I ask is because our learning team for University of Phoenix was told to go to your site and complete a WebQuest. We started, but then the server was down. It is due on Sunday and we haven't been able to tweak the final WebQuest. I hope what we've been working on for 5 weeks hasn't been lost. Please let me know as soon as you get the chance. Thanks!

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bernie. I can't wait for the new site to open. I do have a request. Please open the site to view. I have a MAJOR project presentation in which my WebQuest is a part. My group members think I'm slacking and it's been done for over a week. I'm a nervous wreck because we have our meeting tomorrow, Saturday, and the presentation on Monday. HEELLLPP!! I'm down on my knees begging.

Lost in Louisiana,
Dan

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no doubt that the results will prove to be worth the wait. I wish I could be of help beyond expressing that I hope you are able to resolve the issues with a minimum of exasperation and perspiration (apologies to Edison) on your part. Thanks for all you do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home