WebQuest News

News and views about the WebQuest model, a constructivist lesson format used widely around the world.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

QuestGarden Unveiled

Had a sitting-on-the-floor turnout for my session here at NECC, Overcoming Obstacles to Quicker WebQuest Creation. Seems as though much of it resonated with the group. The basic message: creating a great WebQuest the usual way takes too long. We need a better way. So I showed the new authoring environment that will be generally available on September 1. Lots of interest generated. I think I'm on the right track for once.

Powerpoint slides are available here. The archived webcast will be available here tomorrow, they say. People are blogging the conference here.

5 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Muir Family said...

I heard Bernie Dodge at NECC and am delighted that he has taken the time and energy to create this wonderful new tool.

I think our webquest creation time will be trimmed down substantially.

A big thanks to Bernie Dodge!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Steve Miller said...

When will the "Garden" be ready for prime time? We've got a new crop of teachers this year that understand and will use the process...FINALLY!!!!

Please drop me a line and/or keep me on an announcement list!

Thanks! How can I help? LMK

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Gina Hartman said...

This looks great Bernie! I plan on sharing this with school districts in Missouri and at the Missouri Educational Technology Conference. Thanks!

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do I sign up to be a QuestGarden member?

I love the webquests!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger One Trick Pony said...

Clara... just go to
http://webquest.org/questgarden/

and sign up for an account.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home